Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Where to begin......

Since I don't scrapbook, and I don't keep a journal, I figured that posting every once in awhile on a blog would make up for both. It's a nice thought at least, right?

So, I'll begin at the beginning...... well at least at the beginning of this month. Carson has started school at Driggs Elementary and LOVES it. We had been doing an online school offered by the state and it had been going well. But, alas, he is almost 6 and getting more stubborn by the day so we decided it was probably in everyone's best interest to have someone else teaching him for the remainder of the year. He says his teacher is just a little nice, but he absolutely loves riding the bus and sitting by his friends. I have a hard time believing that he is actually big enough to go off on his own and ride the bus and get home. The over-protective mother in me wants to hook him up to one of those little leash backpacks you put on toddlers and keep him right next to me. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't allow it.
Davis on the other hand, is really having a hard time adjusting to life without Carson. We met some friends at the park today and Davis just stuck to my side like a sticker in my shoe lace. He becomes so shy and introverted whenever he doesn't have Carson to blaze a trail for him. It's been good for him to be on his own. It's definitely a growing experience for both of us.

5 comments:

  1. Well it's about time! Wish you and Katie were closer with your boys the same ages. Logan and Carson both have the same attitudes about school. They would be such good friend/cousins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so glad you started a blog, NOW I can stay updated on your family. I cant believe Carson is old enough for school, it doesnt seem that long ago you were living in G-ma's basement and i would come over to play with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I am so excited! I love looking at your cake blog but I am excited to find out what else is happening in your life!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute blog! Wow - I can't believe Carson is so big already! We need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Send me your e-mail so I can invite you to mine!
    www.hansenhomeschoolers@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete