Monday, March 15, 2010

Riding the train

This weekend Grandma B kept the boys overnight on Friday so Jason and I could have a date night. I decided to finally give in to the many repeated requests to ride the train. So, the boys and I jumped on at the downtown Salt Lake Station and rode it to Ogden where Grandma B was waiting on the platform. The boys had lots of fun. I think they mostly liked the Pez and Sprite I gave them as their snack.

After I rode the train back to Salt Lake and met Jason at home, we went shooting at an indoor range. It was pretty fun. I think Jason was ready to go before I was. I don't buy all the ammo we were shooting, so I could have kept going all night! It did make me feel good that I was completely out-shooting two guys next to us. I'm pretty sure it was their first time though.

The rest of the weekend was pretty quiet. We had all Jason's family come over for dinner on Sunday evening. It was a nice surprise! They even brought all the food to eat! Now that's my kind of company! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Thats a great idea! How long did it take you guys? How much was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It only took about 40 minutes from Salt Lake to Ogden. The total was $9 round trip. Two kids 5 and under ride free with each adult ticket. We sat in the top part of the train where they had little tables and a better view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! We need to take Jordyn on the train - I'm sure she would love it! Maybe we'll ride down to Salt Lake and you guys can pick us up for our next get-together!

    ReplyDelete